Weird New Symptom

ljoeb

In just the past couple of weeks I have developed a symptom I couldn't find discussed on this board (maybe it has been and I just didn't look it up correctly). But my skin feels extrememly warm... almost, but not quite, like a sunburn. To touch it, it feels normal, but to me, it feels like I am burning up, literally. If I place one leg on the other, I can't keep it there for long because it gets much hotter feeling at the point where the legs are making contact. The sensation is all over too. Seems really weird to me! Any ideas.....

I very hot too. Before all of this I used to be the kind of person who would have heaps and heaps of blankets on the bed to keep warm and would always wear long pajamas. Not now though. I am so hot all the time! Even now as it is getting colder in Australia I still don't want an extra blankets.

I don't have the exact same thing, but I do have strange temperature regulation problems. Sometimes at night I will feel cold inside my body, but hot on the outside. A blanket helps me to feel comfortable inside, but then my skin feels way too warm for comfort. My feet often burn at night. Sometimes they will turn pink because they are so warm. Other times they feel normal to the touch, but to me they feel hot. Dysautonomia can do some weird things!

Rachel

My daughter had a temperature of over 100 degrees several times in the last month with no other symptoms. She used to be cold all the time and now she is hot more often than not. We figured it was just another symptom of the POTS. If you can't regulate your heartbeat it seems reasonable to me that you can't regulate your temperature as well either.

Randi

i have had periods where my legs and other parts of my body were burning hot, especially my stomach and then other periods where my legs were freezing cold like they were submerged in ice. My body temp changes alot too and I once worshiped the sun and heat and now the heat aggravates my symptoms, which is pretty difficult being I live in Arizona. As someone else said, makes sense that our body temps would vary too... i always refer to my body as a broken thermostat.