Florinef And Potassium

summer

Hi,

I'm on a big dose of florinef, 300 micrograms daily. None of my doctors have ever paid any attention to the issue of potassium supplementation or checking my U&Es. However whenever I have had my bloods checked my potassium levels have been within normal limits (usually in the bottom half of the normal range).

Flop

My doc is just the opposite. I saw him 6 weeks after starting florinef and he did a blood test specifically for potassium. He says that is one thing he wants to stay on top of, especially with me, as I had low potassium levels when I went in the hospital last June prior to figuring out what I had going on.

For now, he just wants me eating bananas. I also drink V8 Fusion which has lots of potassium in it.

Thanks Flop and Joe. I guess I'll just eat bannanas for now unless my blood work indicates I need more. I'm only starting on a low dose of Florinef. Joe, I can see why your doctor is watching your potassium closely, since you've had problems in the past. The V8 fusion is a good idea.

Summer

My EP said it would be a good idea to take it. I cannot remember tho if I was on the florinef at the time. I think I was on salt and water loading. I did try

florinef but had high BP and daily headaches in short order. in fact my BP almost doubled. From 80/50 to 144/90.