Anyone Experience These Symptoms?

Hi everyone!

I meant to mention this in my intro and was wondering if anyone else experiences these symptoms.....

-sleep disorder- feeling "wired" at night and unable to get to sleep

-waking up with palpitations and anxiety attacks

-excessive snoring at night (don't know if it's related)

-worsening cognitive problems when you do things like try to read, intellectual stuff

-excessive weight gain (this could be do to my inflammatory disease)

-inexplicable periods of nausea and no appetite

-fluid retention in legs and ankles

Thanks. Wondering if these are related to POTS/OI

NJ

I used to have trouble sleeping, but now I'm on Klonopin, which also stopped my anxiety attacks. I don't know how related it is to the POTS, as depression/anxiety is hereditary in my family, but I've found that POTS affects basically everything. I don't have any snoring issues. Have you had a sleep study? It sounds like you might want to ask your pcp about one if you have this much difficulty.

I definitely have worsening cognitive problems, ie "brain fog." I've found taking omega-3's and Cerefolin (which contains folic acid) help my concentration immensely, as does Mestinon.

I don't have problems with excessive weight gain, but I do sometimes have nausea. I think it's because sometimes there's too much blood in the stomach or not enough blood, causing the stomach to digest when it shouldn't and not digest when it should, or something along those lines.

I have blood pooling in my feet and hands, but I don't really have fluid retention in my legs. I more have difficulty retaining fluids at all.

I hope this is helpful to you. I'm guessing many of those things are at least in some way POTS related.

Meg

The most obvious of your symptoms that falls under dysautonomia would be the nausea and appetite issues. Digestion is a process regulated by the autonomic nervous system--many people here, myself included, have major problems with slow motility and/or excessively rapid motility of the gut.

You may want to look through the main DINET site b/c many of your questions about symptoms are listed under the symptoms heading.

Symptoms

http://www.dinet.org/symptoms.htm

also, you can look through the pinned topic started by me at the top of the discussion forum, called "Frequently Asked Questions-Help yourself to answers"

http://dinet.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1954

Nina