Numb Spots

I haven't seen any posts about numb areas on the body. My daughter started out with a numb area on her left thigh. She now has several numb areas on both legs and feet and yesterday discovered that the area above her right eyebrow is numb. She also has no reaction on either leg when the doctor hits her with that little hammer. At first it was just the left leg but about a month ago the right leg also quit flexing. Does anyone else have this? She is trying to keep active but 15 minutes on a stationary bike is all she can do and it puts her into severe tachycardia . I haven't measured a heart rate under 120 on her in the last week and that is at rest. On the bike she shoots up over 200 and that scares me. The cardioligist says that whatever virus attacked her central nervous system and caused the POTS(his theory) muct also have damaged the peripheral nervous system and that is why her legs hurt have numb spots and sometimes don't work at all. I don't know what a numb spot on the forehead could have to do with that. I'm getting very nervous about what else could be going on besides the POTS. These symptoms just don't seem to match anything I see here. She also is tired but not to the extent that some people describe as CFS associated with POTS. Anybody else have these numb areas?

Thanks,

Randi

HI,

When my symptoms first started, I had a lot of numbness/tingling all over. It's not as bad now. Maybe every few months I will experience it. I drove myself crazy for about a year or so, going to docs, determined to find an "easier" answer than POTS. POTS doesn't make sense and a lot of the symptoms seem soooo far out there. don't get me wrong, you should definately make sure and rule out things like neuro problems, but many of us have been down that road and come up empty handed... just don't be suprised if all those crazy symptoms are because of POTS. I think once I came to terms with that and started trying to manage my POTS symptoms, I didn't go quite so crazy. I hope your daughter is better soon!

I have decreased sensation or numbness on my forehead and scalp occassionally, it is orthostatic and goes away when I lay down. It's from decreased circulation to that area and my hair falls out. However I do not have numbness anywhere else.

I will get things kinda like that. My arms will go numb, but I can still feel things with them. A few weeks ago my legs went numb, I could still feel, just not as much as usual, and also I did react to the hammer thing. However I could not walk, my doctor just said it was from pots. However I do not know about your daughters case...that does sound quite different than mine, because when my body goes numb, I still can feel when I touch there.

Sorry I am not much help. I would look into things further, perhaps you could do a nerve conduction study, I had one of those when I was having peripheral neuropathy issues, about a year and a half ago.

Good luck!

Mary

I occasionally have numbness. Also, sometimes after passing out I can't move my legs at all. Lying there for a while makes that go away. And while I do get numbness, mostly in my hands and feet, it usually only lasts a few hours at the most. Your post sounds as though your daughter is having constant numbness. I can't relate to that.

Meg