Heat Intolerence?

Lately its been really hot, and its really affecting my POTs. i feel nauseous all of the time, extermely weak, and my orthostatic hypotention feels to me as if it is worse in the heat. my h/r goes up alot and it all makes me feel generally really ill.

is this something that anyone else suffers with? i know that POTs patients often have heat intolerance but is this how it makees you feel?

Kellz

Lately its been really hot, and its really affecting my POTs. i feel nauseous all of the time, extermely weak, and my orthostatic hypotention feels to me as if it is worse in the heat. my h/r goes up alot and it all makes me feel generally really ill.

is this something that anyone else suffers with? i know that POTs patients often have heat intolerance but is this how it makees you feel?

Kellz

I can't tolerate the heat and humidity either. This has definitely got much worse since I was diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension last year. I feel as you do, weakened, nauseous, feeling faint, lousy all over, etc. I know that my BP took a dive after being out in this type of weather for about 10 minutes. I don't remember how my heart rate changed. This year I just won't go out in the H/H because it causes too many problems. It's still really cold where I live in Canada.

I'm heat intolerant too. In the UK we are just starting to get some really nice weather which means that I am stuck indoors with my portable AC unit on full blast. Anything above 22 C in the flat and I will feel awful, I prefer 18 C but it is seldom that cold most of the year. I find that increasing my fluid intake helps, particularly having iced water in a thermos flask to take out with you. My parents have just returned from a trip to Australia and have bought me a neck wrap called a Cobber which has crystals in it which when wet reduce your body temperature - I'm going to try it out this weekend.

Flop

Yes hot weather is basic ANS 101 for triggering symptoms. Out of all the triggers, it is number one for me...cold is too as I shiver but heat and humidity is just TOO MUCH>

Also what is conversion of 18 cc to farenheit temps?

I can only find this conversion online but with my cognitive impairment, the math is too much.

Conversion of Temperature

Quick Fahrenheit/Celsius Conversion:

Try the Temperature Conversion Tool or the Interactive Thermometer or this method:

?C to ?F Multiply by 9, then divide by 5, then add 32

?F to ?C Deduct 32, then multiply by 5, then divide by 9

~~~

I mean, seriously, math and cognitive impairment do not go together. thanks

;)

18 celsius = 64 farenheit

22 = 72

24 = 75

30 = 86