Older People With Pots

P SUDIK

I know there are so many young people with POTS. I am curious as to how many developed it at an older age,and what was the cause?

I did not get POTS til I was 55,after back surgery. Thanks Pat

I noticed something was just not right at 52. I was dia at 53 at the Baptist Hosp in Little Rock Ar. Very tough time in between. I have had very good medical care from the electro that dia me to the one I see now(finally got one in Bentonville) and the many other spec I have seen for related problems. I am somewhat stable now compared to the beginning. Cause? Who knows, at this point I really dont care. Day to Day and looking toward tomorrow...

I had some vague symptoms when I was young that may or may not be related to dysautonomia but had the full-blown symptoms following surgery when I was 47. I think this is a syndrome that may lie fallow in many of us and becomes active following severe stress like surgery. I also think that many of us with older onset may suffer from dys that is a symptom of another body disorder, like auto-immune or paraneoplastic diseases. The key is to rule out any other thing that may be causing our ANS to malfunction so the underlying cause can be attended to.

Diagnosis of POTS was at age 42 for me, although I had subtle symptoms on and off until then. A couple of times I had CFS like crashes that lasted a few weeks. One in the 80s, and one in 1990. I struggled on and off with tachycardia for years, but did not struggle with other symptoms other then those two bouts with CFS type symptoms. Other then that I functioned well until December of 2000.

Who knows what the heck caused my POTS. If you look at my signature line, it could have several causes--- :blink:

I didn't find out I had all the other health issues until after my diagnosis of POTS. Who knows, gravity, aging, stress------------something triggered this cascade of bullroar........... ;)

Maxine :0)