Is Pots For Life

lizb

Hi everyone, I was DX in 2006 after having symptoms for 3 years. Recently I've been able to function really well and as time goes on my symptoms appear to have lessened significantly. I am still on 0.1mg of Fludrocortisone. I have an appointment with my cardiologist in October and I was going to ask for another TTT to see if there is any difference since my first TTT - then I lasted about 3 mins before the symptoms presented themselves. Therefore, my question is, has anyone ever fully recovered from POTS or do you have it for life?

Liz.

Some do, some just get a lot better, some stay the same, and some get worse. We do hear once in awhile from people who seem to have recovered and have let us know, but I have to tell you, if I was well, I wouldn't be here anymore, I'd be out doing all the stuff I've missed out on. I'd miss the wonderful people, but not the reason I met them. So it's hard to say. Just about everything about this disease is controversial, but I've been on here long enough to hear that people have gotten well enough to go back to essentially normal lives. morgan

Guest tearose

Mine has bees progressing over the years. I had long periods of good weeks and few relapses in the early years. Heck, there were times I really thought I was "all better"!!! More recently, the relapses are months long and the good weeks are fewer. I sometimes wonder if it is leading somewhere else, yet, I constantly replenish my hope for the remission periods to turn into forever good days.

The good part about hope and being positive is that it helps you continue to move forward with life instead of sitting where you are and feeling sad over what is lost. There is a real art to dealing with chronic illness in life. It is the art of mastering the balance of being in the moment with all the challenges and limitations and in that same moment being full of all the limitless joys that being alive in this fragile body has to offer. We are so much more than these bodily vessels we dwell in. It has been wonderful to begin to discover new ways to use the gifts I have and feel fulfilled inspite of my physical disabilities.

My answer is, POTS can be for life.

best regards,

tearose

Thank you all, I havn't been on the site for a long time because I have felt better and doing things that

I couldn't do before. And if I were to return to full health, I would never forget the support and encouragement this site has gave me. I am so grateful to the moderators who volunteer their time and energy, which I'm sure at times was zero! due to their POTS etc. etc. etc. The information I received in the beginning was invaluable. I don't think I would be in this position now had it not been for the other members who contributed to the site. It is the sharing of members experiences that make you think - I'm not going mad, these feelings are real,!! but the best thing the site gave me, was confidence to challenge my DR's and more importantly never give up. I will continue to enjoy my good health a day at a time, and be very grateful for it because others sometimes never get this opportunity. If I do have a relapse then so be it, with the strength and confidence I have achieved over the past two years I know I will cope.

Once again thank you all.

Liz Bx

Tearose said it so well. Trying to live in the moment so you don't miss out on life even though the moment doesn't always feels so great....Hoping for a better future with out focusing on what is wrong with the now. I have a new trick that helps me instead of repeating phrases like "I will heal" I now thank my body for the healing it has been able to accomplish up to now. It just feels better and allows me to stay a little more in the present. I too hope that pots will fade away....but try not to wish away these days.