Frustration (i'm Sure You Can All Relate)

Resting

I have not been diagnosed with dysautonomia at this point, but know that something is going on. I recently saw a cardiologist because of low blood pressure. I also have a tendency to have my diastolic go slightly high (90-92) when I am at certain doctors' offices. He told me he believes that I have either an autoimmune or endocrine issue going on. I do have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and auto-immune oophoritis. I also have psoriasis and I believe Raynaud's. He suggested that I see either an endocrinologist or a rheumatologist. (I already see an endo who is treating my thyroid problem, but he is very unlikely to pursue anything else based on my past experience with him). I do have an appointment with a rheumatologist on the 25th and a different endo (to get a second opinion on a solid nodule on my thyroid) in early May.

I wrote to the cardio to ask him about the possibility of dysautonomia. His response was that it was possible. But, he didn't offer to pursue that with me or make any other recommendations. Don't cardios diagnose that? Will a rheumatologist be able to explore that with me?

Thank you for any advice!

Cindy

Some cardiologists can diagnose POTS. It has to be one who is familiar with the disorder. Some Neurologists can diagnose POTS. My sister was actually diagnosed by her pcp (who also happens to be my pcp, which is the reason she was so knowledgeable in the area of POTS and dysautonomia).

I hope you can find some helpful doctors and find the right diagnosis.

Rachel