Daughter Diagnosed Too

mtkim

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted. I have spent my time trying to learn to deal with having POTS and now my daughter was just diagnosed with POTS today at University Hospital. She is only 19 years old. She is a full time college student and also and EMT student. She was given a prescription for metoprolol and has high hopes that this will help. I take atenolol and adjust the dosage as needed (doc trusts me yeah!). She says she is not going to let this stop her. She is learning that one of the big things is regular sleep hours are a big help. I am a big person and weigh way more than anybody should, but she is so little and tiny. She only weighs 104 pounds and wears a size 1. It's funny the difference in our size, but evidentally that doesn't make a difference or play a factor. I think one of the reasons I am so heavy is that when I'm really potsy I don't eat a lot, but when I have better days I eat way more than I should to make up for it. We are going to participate in a family study and as they are looking for a hereditary link. I will keep you posted.

Kim

I have NCS and my 17 year old son was recently diagnosed with it as well. It is tough when your kid inherits our bad jeans but we have to remember to look on the bright side and see all the good things they inherited from us as well.

mary

It sounds like she's got quite a good attitude--which can only help her! Sorry that she has to live with this stuff too though. Nina