Igm

gelann

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever had a test for IGM.(blood work)my daughter is the patient who has been diagnosed with POTS/dysautonomia. She recently had blood work done and was informed it was very high. They retested her weeks later and it was still high. Years ago when her "symptoms" started and was not diagnosed I remember one of the tests for blood work came back high in the IGM test.

The dr. only said that it is a sign of infection. That was the only thing he said. Has anyone else ever had this happen? If so, did you get an explanation?

Thanks, Gelann

I'm sorry I don't know anything about it. My guess is, since it didn't give the doctor anything specific, it's like an ana or a sed rate. It says something is wrong somewhere, but is not a specific test, so if everything else comes back"okay" they are not sure what to do about it. That would be my best completely uneducated guess, sorry sweetie, wish i could be more help! morgan

Hi Gelann,

When you have blood work done to check for infections, you will hear terms like "IgM". They're checking levels of antibodies for a specific infection. Usually the results simply indicate that you had an infection and that your body responded properly by making antibodies to fight it off.

Here's an explanation from WebMD: Immunoglobulins

Hope this helps.

Rachel