I Was Totally Not Expecting This...

I had an appointment with a cardiologist today. He's got an impeccable reputation in this area and people really, really like him. We discussed my symptoms and the problems that I've been having and guess what?

I HAVE POTS!

Ok, call me crazy for being so excited about that, but it feels SO good to FINALLY have my illness recognized for what it is, and not be told that I'm just depressed or that it's all in my head. I was grinning from ear to ear when he said it, which took him by surprise a little. When I explained all I've been through in the past 6-8 months and that I had suspected this all along, and that I felt somehow validated to finally hear a medical professional agree with my assessment of what was going on with me, he understood.

So from here nothing really changes. He's keeping me on the same meds, since they seem to be helping, and basically at this point he said it is just about trying to learn to live with it, which is what I've been doing for months.

I feel like I've slayed the dragon though! :huh:

Mary