Too Fast Gastric Emptying Bad?

Radha

i was wondering if having too large and too often bowel movements can be a bad thing considering how little i eat, i have 2 large bowel movements a day and no diarrhea and no stomach pain, but it just seems like too much when i eat so so little, i guess this is better than not being able to go at all but any input from you would be appreciated, thanks

Radha

I agree- you should probably mention it during your next visit. It is possible, if the food is moving through your system too quickly, that you are not getting the nutrients that your body needs from the foods (not to be gross, but basically, as the food sits in your intestines, the walls of your intestines absorb all the nutrients that your body needs from the food you eat. If the food is moving through those organs too quickly, there may not be enough time to absorb the necessary nutrients.)

Hope that helps!

Mary

Considering this is outside of your normal bowel pattern, it's worth mentioning to your Doc.

I'm so used to being bound up, that going more then twice a week seems unusual--------- <_<

I see a gastro doc for diverticulitis in duodeum next week, and this is more related to the EDS then my POTS/dysautonomia.

It is possible that some nutrients may not be absorbed, and this could aggravate your ANS symptoms more.

Maxine :0)