Ans And Migraine Doc Visits-high Bun/creatinine?

mkoven

Just came back from Chicago, where I followed up with the ans endo and the migraine doc.

On the ans front, after numerous tests, the only two things she found were mild autonomic dysfunction, based on an ekg that looks at breathing and heart rhythm sitting and standing. She also though the event recorder was significant, despite the ep's claims, because it did show brady and tachy, but in sinus rhythms-- again ans stuff. Fits with my symptoms. She doesn't like the term neurocardiogenic syncope, as she thinks it's a "miscellaneous" category for non-cardiac causes of fainting. She prefers autonomic dysregulation, or in my case, orthostatic hypotension. I don't get that tachy usually.

My vitamin D levels were slightly low.

My bun/creatinine was also high at 26. I don't know why this would be, or if I should be concerned. Could nsaids cause this? My new anticonvulsant for migraine prevention- keppra?

But otherwise, all other bloodwork is unremarkable. Still awaiting an eeg and glucose tolerance results. But at this point, she thinks my ans problems come from eds.

Migraine-wise, although I'm still really struggling, the doc didn't want to swap the keppra or increase it. Just adding plavix-- this when I told her I had 24 days with weird neuro symptoms, 17 with mild headaches, and 6 with full-blow head pain. So not sure where we'll end up-- we're not there yet. She did say migraine and any dysfunctions are "comorbidities" and sometimes it's hard to disentangle what's what.

And my cycle is totally out of whack. I got my period after fourteen days. I've never done anything like that before. The first doc thought it could be perimenopause, but to call gyne if it happens again to rule out fibroids. The migraine doc thought it possible the keppra could have affected my hormones. i hope this doesn't happen again. I was off guard, but it does explain why I felt so bad so early on.

and then we come back home to a mouse problem, as one scampers across the living room, as I'm trying to relax. Rodents do not bring down my stress-level! I thought it might be a rat, as it looked big and had a long tail. But once trapped (sorry), my spouse confirmed it was a mouse. But mice don't usually travel/live solo, so we'll have to be a little vigilant. I know it's more scared of me, and it's a total stereotype, but I do the stereotypical shrieking when I see one. Yuck. It's been cold, and there are various nooks and crannies...