Got So Cold That I Was Shaking Violently

maryfw

On Sunday evening I had to go outside from one building to another at our church. I bundled up really well before I left but I got really cold. Once inside I left my coat on and someone asked me if I was alright because I was so pale. When I left about an hour later and walked to my car, all bundled up, before I could get to my car I was shaking violently. Luckily my 17 yr old son was driving. I think I really scared him. I turned the heater on to 90 degrees and finally stopped shaking about 5 minutes later.

It has happened to me twice now. I really hate it and it makes me feel horrible.

mary

That doesn't sound fun at all... I too have times where I get cold and just cannot get warm again. But then again being too warm makes me feel badly. Iit's difficult because it can be so hard to find the right temp. Today, it was 33 degrees BELOW zero with the wind chill where I am, so I stayed inside wrapped in a blanket!

Mary

Hi Mary, I've had this happen frequently. The most recent time was a firedrill in the middle of freezing rain. I was in my pj's (not much clothing there) and I passed out from the cold temperature. I was violently shaking for a couple of hours, even with piles of blankets and a heating pad. It took me what seemed like forever to warm up. My POTS is really irritated by cold weather and such. (hot, too.) It's horrible, I know, but I think it's just another crappy part of it all.

Meg