Couple Of Unrelated Questions...

ajw4790

Hi!

So, I was wondering if anyone has much in the way of joint stiffness, and those types of problems? I know many are actually hypermobile, so this may not be many. Anyways, I have been told that for what it is worth I probably have RA, but no tests etc. have really ever shown it etc. So, I have had more joint pain, swelling, and serious stiffness recently.

I was wondering if anyone else out there experiences this as well? Is is part of dysautonomia or other related disorders? Do many of you have RA or other autoimmune diseases? Lupus etc... I know a few have Lyme disease.

The other question/update, was that I did complete my neuropsych testing and they did determine, according to my letter I received, that I am ADHD as well. So, this involves more fun, of course! :huh:

Any words of wisdom with this? I know within the next week or so, I will probably have to start meds. Has anyone tried one of the non-stimulant/non-ritalin type drugs (I don't remember the name). And isn't Provigil that I see mentioned on here a lot also used for ADHD, and if some use it for POTS etc. I wonder if I should try that?

If anyone has any insight on this I would be greatful, because I do not know much about it. I am worried on starting new meds, because I start clinicals in about a month, and can't be a mess because of a med change. Drs. have told me Concerta etc. are no big deal, and that there are not really any side effects... I struggle to believe this! :P

Thanks!

I had a bout of it as a reaction to chemo drugs. It is debilitating, symmetrical, and involves all the joints ,head to toe.

At least in my experience. Again that was my experience. To lazy to look it up right now.

MOST THANKFULLY it hit me at the end of my treatment and disappeared shortly, although I do still test positive for it.

Hi my two kids are ADHD and have been on dex, ritalin and concerta. There are side effects for all these drugs, the main one being not able to eat due to a feeling of fullness and slight nausea. It goes when the drugs wear off. The long actiing ritalin and slow dose dex have been very effective for my boys. It is sad to see them not eat until about 5pm and then they go to town. On the upside, could be a useful way to lose weight! I have seen the improvements in their concentration, impulsive behaviour and social skills. I would recommend the meds, but you have to find one which works for you and this is time consuming, but worth the trouble. Lots of adults being diagnosed here in Sydney and they just feel so much better, less brain fog etc. Good luck.