Skin Blemishes

cardiactec

I have been having really bad complexion problems, specifically on my face and seems as though i have tried every cream, gel, topical, both prescription and non and all they do is dry out my skin and leave me with blemishes and skin peeling! the only thing that ever seems to clear up my skin is sunlight - i know tanning beds are bad for you, but this seems like the only thing that helps clear up my skin problem..............i was looking online and stumbled across "ligh therapy" for acne, basically "red" and "Blue" lights stuck in a mirror based looking system that you sit in front of for 15 mins a day. i know this isnt the same as UV rays, and doesnt have the harmful effects that can occur with constant UV exposure, and so i'm wondering if it would work the same for my complexion............

anyone try something like this before?

Have you seen a dermatologist for this? I have--and what worked for me was to use two things- 1) is to use a bar soap to wash my face with a deoderant in it (I use Dial white bar-deoderant soaps inhibit bacterial growth), and 2) use a Avon's Clear Skin, which is salycylic acid (aspirin) and makes for an inhospitable environment for bacteria, as well as a very mild exfoliating effect, keeping skin cell turnover going. Both can be mildly drying, so the last thing was to finish up by using a general facial moisturizer that contains at least an spf of 15. I use an inexpensive Avon facial moisturizer (hydrofirming Bio6) b/c I buy it in bulk with the Clear Skin when they are on sale. Now I hardly EVER have a breakout

As for the light therapy you speak of, I think it's the DLP therapy that uses a specific set of frequencies of LED lights, yes? Rather expensive--I'd ask your dermatologist if it works, or look medical/derm journals to see if there's empirical evidence that it's worth it. I've seen the item you're speaking of in catalogs. What I think does work, from what I've read, is a small device, the size of a cell phone, that has an electric current which kills bacteria. It's also effective on cold sores/viral infections. I've seen this thing in the same catalog that has the DLP thing--can't remember the name of it though.

Nina

thanks nina,

i will try out your combo and hopefully it'll work! yes, i have seen a dermatologist. tried everything they prescribed X2 and also even tried oral antibiotics for about 9 months straight -- guess what THAT left me with?? no clear skin and a case of colitis. NIIIIIIICE. :huh:

hopefully your combo will work. havent tried it. it's worth a shot before going out and purchasing a 200$ light therapy without even knowing if it'll work.

Oh, and the device I was speaking of is called "Zeno". I saw it in the skincare.com catalog, but had seen a blurb about it on the news a few years back. It's not preventative in nature, but rather heals blemishes quickly.

Nina