Went To The Dentist Today----infection In My Molar, And Should Not Have Gone To This Point

Maxine

I have been doing my follow up like I should regarding this molar that was either fractured or decayed way back in March----(EDS can cause dental problems also). I was set up with an oral surgeon, and basically it looks like THEY dropped the ball. Of course I'm not lookng forward to getting this done, but I called thier office five times to see if they were able to get insurance coverage for this do be done in a hospital setting. The reason for the hospital setting, was because my last tooth extraction put me in the ER in 2000----THEN I CRASHED WITH POTS.

I'm also extremely sensitive to lidocaine----------I THINK...... :D The reason I say "I think" is because this was used when my cardiac loop recorder was inserted in July of 2005, and I had a terrible reaction---------(it's possible too much was injected.) However, I asked my dentist what they used time last time I was numbed, and he said carbocaine---------I don't remember a reaction from this, and it was used after I crashed with POTS. I don't want to list all symptoms AGAIN-- <_< It was just Bad. Anyway, I also have all this instability on my upper spine/cranial area. So this is also part of the reason the oral surgeon wanted to do it in a hospital setting. I feel kind of stupid about the whole thing, but I'm just not doing well right now, and I'm mad that it's taken so long, and still no answer for the oral surgeon.

Now here I am with an infection. The dentist said there didn't appear to be any swelling, but said it's infected. He said my body may be fighting it, but said this is why my neck may hurt. I told him my neck is a train wreck, but it HAS hurt a lot more then the usual----------------kind of like a pain you get around an infection on your finger from a cut, but only in the bones of my neck, and down to my mid spine. I also have that desiccated disk on T-8, and that hurts like you know what.............. :blink::unsure::huh::o

Of course I'm worried, as my body feels so weak----flu like. My BPs are really low, but fortunately my heart rates have been stable.

Nothing worse then being so scared of getting something like this done, and wanting to avoid it, but know there isn't a choice----------------------------------THEN the oral surgeon is the one dragging his feet, while I reluctantly called 5 times to get this thing moving.

Tomorrow I see my PCP, and He will probably do a WBC to make sure I don't have this infection going through my body, then I'm hoping HE can get the ball rolling for me. I dread the thought of having a terrible reaction, and having Christmas ruined--------------so hopefully, my docs can work with the oral surgeon to get me through this as unscathed as possible.

I called my ANS docs office, as there is a dental clinic in the same hospital he works in. The dental clinic wasn't sure they could help, but she said maybe a referral from a doc in that hospital might do it. I left a message with his nurse----------I would hope they take this seriously---- :unsure:

Again, did you know my maiden name is mohler?---pronounced the same way as molar-----------pretty---------NOT FUNNY.... :huh:

Maxine :0)

Guest tearose

Are you on an antibiotic now? I sure hope so. Wouldn't that help?

If you could be reassured that the numbing agent was not going to trigger you, would you be able to do this in the office instead of the hospital?

I hate to think of you waiting much longer.

tearose

Thanks Tearose <_<

No antibiotic right now. I just found out today that the tooth is infected-----and it's hard to tell how long it's been there. there is no swelling right now, but the dentist said it's possible the infection could be traveling into my neck----------I doubting this because when I lie down the pain level in my upper neck gets better. He just said have it pulled ASAP. He said it could be really bad soon in regards to pain and swelling, or it could take 6 months to do this. The infection is at the bottom of the root. The tooth itself doesn't hurt when I press on it. However, it feels uncomfortable, like something is cracked or something. It hurt in March so bad that I couldn't eat a piece of cheese, as it was very painful.

In a couple days the pain went away. I have some discomfort when I brush where the deep filling was put in, but the bad area is on the root of the other side of the tooth. This tooth is under a bridge. The bridge will have to be cut out, and I'll have to have the tooth replaced with a partial. No more molars on that side. The other side needs a bridge. I lost a molar on that side when I was 12 to an abcess. My dental hygene is excellant, but I have problems anyway. It feels terrible to know my teeth are so well taken care of, but feel like they are rotting from the roots up............ :D

I'll talk to my PCP about the numbing agents. He'll probably put me on an antibiotic, and maybe do a WBC--(white blood count) to check for infection in my body.

I absolutely hate this.