So Bad It Is Funny

maryfw

Ok. I needed to see a GYN to try to get on the pill to help my NCS symptoms. My symptoms are always worse pre-menstual and menstural and my cardiologist thought it was a good idea for me to go on the pill as a help for my NCS symptoms. Well I should have known better than to go to a GYN that had an opening so quickly. Got there and the nurse who was taking my history did not know how to spell "syncope". Then she had a hard time finding my bp and I told her that is because my bp had most likely dropped when I stood up and walked back to her office. And this was after I had told her about the midrodrine and what it was for. Don't you just love it when you know more about your medical condition than your health care providers. It was a comdey of errors the entire visit.

The good news is that I got a prescription for the pill and will never go back to that doctor again...........many other things happened so it was more than the nurse not knowing what she was dealing with. Oh boy. I will be a good girl and go ahead and schedule my appt for next year now with a doctor that is not so easy to get into to see.

Got to laugh.

mary

Ugh. Even a good gyn visit is bad. A bad one is awful!

I'm glad you got your prescription. I "greyed out" less frequently when I was on the pill, but I have migraines with visual auras, and they like you to avoid taking the pill if that's the case. It raises the risk of strokes. It's still really low, but I figured if I can get along without it, then all the better.

Good luck with it! I hope it helps you!

Amy

Don't cha love it?

I once went to a doctor for headaches - I was pregnant the first time I saw him. He told me "if you have any pregnancy related issues I will be glad to help you"... huh?? Oh well... I had the whole ob-gyn part covered.

After baby arrived I went back - still having headaches. A couple minutes into the visit my son starts to cry so I put a blanket over me and put baby under blanket and started nursing. Doctor left.

Nurse entered carrying a sheet, looked at me and started laughing. Apparently the doctor got embarrased! She saw I was well-covered, went down the hall - got the doctor and pointed to me - "She isn't SHOWING anything!" then told him he better get over it - his wife was expecting!

I wonder - HOW did he get through med school??

Wow! Interesting stories! Some drs.... yeah... that was an ob/gyn that couldn't handle breast feeding? Wow! Yeah, med school must have been fun! I am glad that you got what you needed.

I can only hope that we are all able to have a choice of who we see, and if we feel that it is not the environment or dr. for us that we are able to find and see someone else. Because sometimes they may be fine for some situations and not others, and without that ability to see someone else, many people can fall through the cracks. I for awhile was not the best at this with drs. and I hope now I am more aware and speak up if I need something different. Although it is always far from easy!

I wish you all better luck with future interesting dr. experiences! :D