Cymbalta

pearsjon

anyone have trouble with this rx? it seems everything they give me for vasoconstriction does not seem to work for me. florinef caused me to swell way too much. midodrine made my bp and hr crazy. now the cymblata dry mouth something terrible,and i am trying to determine if its' the cymbalta or the b12 shots making my bones hurt. so i stopped taking it yesterday, we will see. plus my blood pooling was the same while on them. i had been taking them about a week till i quit. i son't know how long it takes for them to take effect though.

the midodrine thing really has doc puzzzled though.

any help is appreciated,thanks.

Cymbalta has definitely helped me a lot--but it took me about 6 weeks to get up to the 30 mg my doctor wanted me to take. It seems that for some it has to be introduced very slowly in tiny amounts or even every 3 rd day. Now it is one of my "count-ons" and I wouldn't want to be without it. Dry mouth? I think a couple of mine do that. I live with it and it is a good reminder to drink water.

I also had bad reactions to florinef and midodrine--we are all so different.

I hadn't noticed problems on Cymbalta until you mentioned the dry mouth thing. I do have that. Otherwise, I'm doing pretty well POTS wise on Cymbalta. I've had some mood swings the past few weeks - I'm only two months into taking Cymbalta and tapering off Effexor, so who knows where the moods may be coming from. Might just be POTS!

Thanks for alerting me from where the dry mouth is coming!

I was wondering what was up.

i'm drinking liquids and still my tongue sticks to my mouth!

Wish I could try it. It is not approved for sale in Oz. My doc thinks it may be the breakthrough I am looking for. Currently on nortriptilene which gives a dry mouth constantly. Even though I drink lots of water, sometimes when talking my mouth gets so bad I just can't speak. People are very surprised when I duck off for a drink. With all new drugs, you have to give them a good go, eg 2-4 weeks. However, I don't last the distance if the reactions are severe. Good luck.

Suzanne,

I tried nortriptyline for interstitial cystitis (nerve pain, more or less.) It helped somewhat, but it made me black out so bad upon standing, I thought I would pass out for sure. I never did, but yuck! It's a bad feeling!

Does it make you black out? I wouldn't think it would be a very good drug for us POTSy-types, but maybe it doesn't affect most people that way. I might be weird. Wait. I am weird.

Amy