Car Trips- How Do You Recover?

ajw4790

Hi all!

I got back late Sunday night from an 8-9 hour (each way) car trip. I was actually surprised considering everything how well it went. But, since I have been back I have really been struggling. I am EXHAUSTED! I have to go to class all day and try to get homework done. I got up early this morning and literally can not concentrate, my brain will just not turn on and allow me to think about anything more complex then eat, sleep, sit, stand. It took me like two hours to even get to the point of comprhension. To make it worse I came home yesterday slept hard for 5 hours got up, couldn't concentrate so went back to bed and slept 5-6 hours. i still can not function.

I hate feeling like this. I don't know what to do?

I get to class and no matter how hard I try I keep falling asleep, I feel like I am narcoleptic or something.

Do you guys feel like this?

What do you do?

I was curious if you guys knew if altitude (not flying, but like going through mountains in the car) affects us? and how?

My BP has been kinda low, when I remember to check it...

I just can't keep my thoughts straight, but I am still expected to function... B)

P.S. Those who live in PA, I was there this wknd, and what I saw... I didn't like... The turnpike was well... awful! :) But, I am sure there are much better parts and things to do etc. then what I did. ;) Plus, five of us packed with our stuff into a pontiac vibe for 8 hours!

Uhm for long car trips.. i like ernie allready mentioned..take several days of nothing but sleeping and resting... all last wk.. i chilled out and slept alot .. after 1 full week of traveling...

I know formyself that i push push push traveling --feel really sick...but still push.. and come home and all tha pushing comes back to bite me.. and im donw till my body says hey you can now move about...

couple of tricks for car riding... dont drive obviously.. But do sit up front in the passneger seat.. i find that sitting up front (for me i need to see what is going on).. is a bti easier onmy and there is more leg room... and the seat reclines.. if no one is behind you that is....Uhm bring sun glasses even if it is not sunny...

you can go to walmart and get a cervical neck pillow... I personally have had 2 that I LOVE!!! one is a memory foam cervical pillow... its U shape... and the other one was a buckwheat hul filled cervical pillow.. OMG! that is the BEST! so comfy... but use something like that on car rides..it helps

take many bathroom breaks.. and streat/walk around a bit every few hours...

OH YEA.. if you have motions sickness and or nausea problems.. bring along some pepto or anti nausea pills.. they are life savers!

just car trip idea's that help me..to not crash more thejn i allready do when i get home...

hope your feleing better soon...

PS i live in pa.. which end where you visiting? Pa is a pretty state... despite yucky turnpike issues.. that isnt so pretty...

Hi again!

So, today the lack of concentration etc. continued. But, what really ruined my day and was different was THROBBING pain mainly on my left side. Mostly my arm, but leg too. Right was affected some but not nearly as much. My whole arm just ached... I longed to be able to smash it against the wall to make it stop. It went on for hours... B)

My tremor was also really bad, it was the worst it has been in months. :)

Anyone else get this?

I wondered if the throbbing was due to the cold???

P.S. Dizzy I went from central ohio to Valley Forge, PA. I didn't get to see much, but I just really didn't like the turnpike, the hotel wasn't the greatest, and every resturant etc. we tried to find we couldn't. Did get to see the cops shot a deer on the turnpike... But, the leaves were really pretty! Also, didn't like the little rest stops... I am spoiled! ;)