Military's version of this

I orginally read this at NDRF and it upset me enough to read past articles and do something about it.

Susan J posted this at the NDRF forum and I'm repasting it

HI guys~ I was just reading the CNN news about the guy in the army who had panic attacks... but who wouldn't after see what he saw... Anyhow I thought it interesting that they alluded to a brain reaction.

DENVER (July 16) - The military has decided not to pursue charges against a U.S. soldier accused of cowardice after he sought help for panic attacks.After Staff Sgt. Georg-Andreas Pogany asked for counseling while in Iraq, his commanders sent him home to Fort Carson to face a court-martial on a cowardice charge, which can be punishable by death.The Army later replaced it with the lesser dereliction-of-duty charge, which could have put Pogany behind bars for six months.On Thursday, Pogany and military officials confirmed the so-called "coward" case is finished.

CNN

Staff Sgt. Georg-Andreas Pogany

Sgt. 1st Class Blake Waltman, a public affairs officer with the Army's Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., said charges have been dropped because the military has learned Pogany "may have a medical problem that requires care and treatment.''Pogany, 32, had been the first U.S. soldier since Vietnam to be charged with cowardice.A five-year veteran, Pogany said his problems surfaced after he saw the mangled body of an Iraqi man cut in half by American gunfire.Pogany said he has physical and psychological problems that stem from brain damage caused by a reaction to the anti-malaria drug Lariam. He is part of a military study looking into complaints from U.S. troops exposed to drugs and chemicals.Pogany, assigned to a Green Beret interrogation team with the 10th Special Forces Group, began vomiting after seeing the Iraqi civilian's body three days after being sent to Iraq.Pogany said he hopes to retire from the Army soon.

I went to the military website forum and posted my own thread on this. Sgt. Pogany should know.

In response to a person that showed no compassion, I fed him this interesting article (A must read article)

http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/medical/med_syndrome.htm

In the above study done by the military back to the Civil war - it's interesting that they made a point of World War II to note the fatigue as "battle fatigue". Here's my theory, the soldiers noticed the fatigue first and it was discredited as battle fatigue. They weren't given consideration to their real symptoms.

But then you need to look at other peoples opinions and I found this article also very convincing

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a365c365c6468.htm