Balance Problems

India

Aloha all,

Woke up last night with a "new" symptom. Felt o.k. when woke up but had to get up to use the bathroom. When I got up I felt like all the balance had gone on the left hand side: I was staggering to the left. I've had this before when I woke up (generalized lack of balance, not one side) and it seemed to be a symptom of getting up too quickly and I shook it off very fast. This time, however, I could not shake it off. I could balance on my right leg but not my left. The curious thing was, I did not feel dizzy, just couldn't balance myself.

This morning the balance issue is not so bad but I feel so dizzy that I did not go to work--very unusual for me.

My question is, is it usual to get balance problems like this without feeling dizzy or is this something else?

I was diagnosed with POTS about three years ago, also have hyper adrenergic excess. I am currently taking .1mg of florinef, 25mg of atenolol, clonazepam, and birth control pills. I have also recently finally got my weight down into what the NIH defines as a "healthy range" aka the BMI charts (5 foot 6 and 140lbs). Lost about 16;bs in the last two and a half months. Don't know whether any of this is relevant, but hoping for some insight from fellow survivors!

India

It seems like the nighttime brings out all the weird pots symptoms. I know there have been many nights where I think "what the **** is this?" One night I was so off balance that as I sat on the toilet I completey missed and fell between the toliet and the wall. I don't know whether what happened to you is just another crazy pots symptoms but you are not alone. Maybe check with you dr and rest and drink some extra fluid today.

Yeah, I can wake up very uncoordinated, not knowing where I am, and not able to walk very well. Also, can wake up with arms like a rag doll. I am not really able to control them very well, and they just fall to my side or lap. I am really off balance and weak. I think a lot of it is the meds... It can be fun! :P

Yep, been there done that to .

I once got up in a restaurant , Dingles in Plymouth and my balance had just gone on my right side , no reason at all :blink: just gone , so there I was stood up and started sort of leaning ....come ....walking to my right side at a very strange angle ........couldnt stop myself and my husband couldnt grab me as he has no hand on this said ..............er sort of walked , fell sideways onto the next table ...........flat onto 2 breakfasts of egg, bacon , sausages, tomatoes and baked beans !

The people at the table thought I was drunk :) until both my husband and the manager of the shop , who I know so very well explained I have this awful condition and sometime fall over . Must admit breakfast on a body is most embarrassing and rather messy , beans in hair thats almost to your waist are hard to pick out . !

So now when I go to get up , especially in Dingles ! I do it in bits , 1 foot up from chair, wait , 2 foot up , wait .

I've staggered around all over the place , getting quite a reputation for looking drunk , whilst not having a drop of drink , have been asked before ' whatever your on I'd like some ' well mate , have a dose of POTS and then you'd not laugh so long and so loud at me :(