Newbie-doctors In Sc, Ga, Or Nc?

Hi All!

Sorry to be in the club, but I do thank God for finding this forum!!!

I have congenital dysautonomia, reflex sympathetic dystrophy, hyperhidrosis, 2 unsuccessful (open and endoscopic) thoracic sympathectomies (T1,T2 of the sympathetic nervous system removed to stop hands sweating...didn't work...left nerve damage), having NAUSEA something fierce these past few months, have IBS, chronic gastritis, chronic enteritis, diarrhea, have compensatory sweating after ETS surgeries (back is drenched most of the time, backs of my legs, hands still sweat, underarms not so bad anymore, head, face. Exercise intolerance. Heat intolerance and I live in South Carolina!!

I was an infertility patient, have had both tubes removed, left ovary. Experiencing heavy bleeding last 4 months, though I'm not in peri-menopause. Had endometrial ablation 4-30-07, somewhat successful. If not, hysterectomy in future. I have so much scarring in abdomen and pain from scarring that gyn wanted to do the endometrial ablation first. I have 2 fantastic adopted children. They are 15 and 11 and help their Mama so much! I despise that they have a sick Mama, they do all the housework, etc., but they will know how to care for themselves when they leave the nest.

I have degenerative disc disease, chronic pain, 3 neurosurgeons said no surgery, wouldn't help. Have osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia. My head doesn't hurt! That's about all that's normal!! Ha!!

I am a 43 year old, retired on disability, high school math teacher. Had just finished masters in 2003. Finally unable to work due to back pain, right arm, wrist pain, shoulder in May 2005.

Had never heard of dysautonomia or reflex sympathetic dystrophy until Jan 2006. Visited a physiatrist and found all this out. Long story made short, we did not 'jive'. I need a new doc.

I see my family doc regularly. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol.

I am married to my high school sweetheart. 24 years this August! I have the most supportive husband, children, and family. I am very, very blessed. I have health insurance and my husband has a good job.

Does anyone have any suggestions about a doctor I can see in SC, NC, or GA? Hate to travel, back hurts really bad, hard to drive. But I've done it before for my daughter.

My 11 year old was born with a cataract and we made the 4 hour trip to Emory University for 9 years (over 70 visits) for her surgeries, exams, etc. (She is a straight A student, highest scores in math, english, social studies, science, music, in her grade this year, in honors orchestra...this kid was given a 40% chance of having any vision and I was told she would be mentally retarded...to just let her go back to her birthparents...WHAT??? would I give her back if I gave birth to her??? I think not!) She is awesome!!! She wears bifocals and is smart as a whip. She sees about 20/50 with her glasses.

My 15 year old is a hoot and just got his permit. Hopefully, he will pick up driving quick.

Apologize for the long post, just so GLAD to find ya'll.

What's up with this NAUSEA???? It is about to push me over the edge!!!! I'm a big girl, but I've lost 25 pounds in 4 months. Could lose 40 more, but not this way!

Donna

Hey Donna!! Welcome!!

Dont worry about the long post its great to have backround info on people so you can know somethigns and relate to others, not just in how crappy we all feel all the time.

For the nausea; i have it quite alot of the time, and i dont remember who, but someone on here said they eat carrots to get rid of it, and supprisingly it actually helped with my stomach, so i guess it might be worth a try for you!

Sounds like you have some great kids! That is wonderful how much they help you out, as im sure it wouldnt be easy taking care of all the house chores along with your health all on your own.

I dont know of any doctors that would be able to help you out since i live in the Mid-West. Hope you find a good one soon though!!!

You said your 15 year old son just got his permit, well i am 15 as well and got mine a few months ago, and just love to drive!! (when i am feeling up to is that is) So i can understand his excitement there.

For the weight loss problem, i havent lost any weight from my nausea, however i was on topamax for about a week and i lost like 10 pounds becasue i was never hungry. Since that happened i have learned that even if im not hungry i have to eat or i will lose weight very quickly. That can be quite tricky since I'm so nauseous the majority of the time, however i try eating foods that dont make it worse, and posibly even help it, like the carrots.

Best of luck!!

And once again WELCOME!!!

Mary