In Menopause

HI folks.

So I am 42 and have been dealing with pots since this past november. The @##$** hit the fan when my old interstitial cystitis kicked back one month ago. I feel like an old lady taking pills and pain killers ugH. My Gyno ordered hormone test and just called t say that I am completely in menopause. Estrogen was at 10 (37 and below is the marker). So I wonder if all this started or got worse because of the major change in my body. (I had a hyster two years ago but still have my ovaries). Share you thoughts! Any one on hormones?

Guest tearose

I don't have my ovaries and I am in surgical menopause.

I went on a low dose of estrogen only...vivelle patch and I felt and feel so much better that I did while getting my periods!

I feel better in balance.

I use the lowest estrogen dose that still makes me feel well and is less estrogen in my body than someone with ovaries, so I am not worried about the estrogen.

I am faithful about getting my mammogram too.

there is a lot of conflicting information out there today. I hope you can have a heart to heart discussion with your gyn or an endocrinologist to help you figure out what is best for you!

take care, tearose

Guest tearose

lina-I use 0.075 twice a week and I find a spot anywhere on my hips, or anywhere under my stomach...

I clearly felt my POTS much more in balance once my estrogen was in balance.

Your ovaries are still producing estrogen, aren't they?

tearose

No! My ovaries have completely shut down. Gyno thinks they never kicked in after the hyster 2 years ago. My estrogen is so low she said it had to take over a year to get there. Now I am seriously wondering in my pots (first major symptoms in Nov. 2006) kicked in because my body had no estrogen. I have learned that estrogen plays a role in keeping our adrenal glands going. I am annoyed that no one thought to test my levels when I had my first presyncope. I also have interstitial cystitis which was remission until this year. I went 12 years with no symptoms and then bam pots and then IC. I am hoping that the hormones will help both illnesses.

I'm on bio-identical estrogen and progesterone from a compounding pharmacy. Of the 3 main types of estrogen they use only 2 (biest). It is the 3rd type that has been associated with breast cancer. I feel very good on the dosages I'm on. (had a saliva test to check the levels)

Hi,

I used the Climara patch for several years. I also went into menopause around your age, they had left 1 ovary which worked for awhile.

My doctor was concerned about blood clots as I don't do much. I stopped it about 4 years ago and have ALOT of hot flashes and hormonal fluctuations. I'm sure alot of symptoms are due to this. You have to weigh the options and just go with it.

Good Luck

Dawn