Takotsubo

Primetime

I spoke to my dysautonomia doctor today by telephone. He mentioned to me Takotsubo as a possible cause of my chest pain.

He indicated that I would probably be evaluated soon with a cathetorization.

Have any of you heard of Takotsubo or been diagnosed with it? It is a little long to explain it here, but if you would like to read about Takotsubo, feel free to "google" it. A lot of information will come up.

My doctor mentioned that he may ask me to come off of my beta blocker "cold turkey" ( all at once ) before coming in for testing. This is going to make me feel terrible. I did this once before before autonomic testing and I had multiple PVC's and chest pain. And at that time, I was only on half the dose that I am now.

Have any of you people came off of your beta blocker all at once?

Guest tearose

Just wanted to wish you good things as you see about the new dx and come off BB's.

I guess it is probably one of those things where for the benefit to you of more testing, you will see firsthand how you manage off the bb's. I hope you are not too bad for the time you are off! I don't have any firsthand experience to share in this regard.

I did look into takotsubo as you suggested...do you think you may have this?

best wishes,

tearose