I Love My New Job But

carlacat

I love my job I started in December but the only problem is...I go to work at 3:30 and work the evening and I'm losing weight because I'm not eating my supper. I eat my breakfast and then alittle lunch and thats it. Does anyone have any ideas of a good meal drink or something that I can get so I'll be getting something for my supper? I know this sounds like a stupid question but any imput would be great. I have my yearly checkup next month so I will have my doctor do a good look over to make sure nothing else is going on with the weight loss deal.

Well, skipping dinner (or any meal) is usually a bad idea for us with dysautonomia. Do you get a break for dinner? I would encourage you to try Ensure- the chocolate ones are okay IMO. If you could squeeze in something as simple as a baked potato (load with cheese, salt, bacon bits if you need the sodium) it would be even better. I also hope you are keeping up with your fluids. It's great that you are able to work again but don't make yourself sick in the process- eat! I stay at home and I still have to really work at eating- I have little appetite so I have to get my nutrition in concentrated amounts. But, if I don't I take two steps back. So, take care of yourself!

Carmen

Maybe even bring a can of V-8 would be better then nothing. B) I bring one with me when it's close to a meal just in case. I get migraines if I don't eat when I need to. Good luck.

Guest tearose

It is wonderful that you found a job you love and can manage. You are right to want to keep strong and not get to an underweight level! Are you able to nibble on a handful of almonds and raisins? How about a small wholegrain supplement bar? These pack good energy and won't make you feel tired. Try a few snacks if you don't feel like having a full dinner. Since you are at work, make the snacks simple and tasty.

Hope you find something that works. I bet your doctor will make suggestions too if they are concerned!

best regards, tearose