Do I Have Any Legal Rights?

Kimberley

Hello Everyone. Just wondering if I have any Legal rights at my part time job. I feel like I am being Harasst because of my Illness (POTS) I took a leave about 1 year ago and came back with a doctors note saying I could come back and work the minium allowed by the Company. Yes I am sick but like to work and I keep trying. I do not call off on my schedule but they are always trying to schedule me more and when I constantly mention my doctors note they say well everyone has there excuses. Is it just me??? Thanks And Happy New Year to everyone!!::rolleyes:)

Kimberley

Yes, you do have rights.

http://www.eeoc.gov/types/ada.html

My suggestion (and take it with a grain of salt, I haven't worked in two years now) is to speak directly to whomever is in charge of scheduling, explain to them the situation and your limitations and make sure they understand what they need to do to accomodate you. That "everyone has their excuses" crap needs to stop NOW. Make sure they understand that this is a real disability you are dealing with. People will often try to be dismissive of invisible illnesses, and the longer you let them get away with it the worse it will get.

Best of luck to you.

Yes, you do have rights.

My suggestion (and take it with a grain of salt, I haven't worked in two years now) is to speak directly to whomever is in charge of scheduling, explain to them the situation and your limitations and make sure they understand what they need to do to accomodate you. That "everyone has their excuses" crap needs to stop NOW. Make sure they understand that this is a real disability you are dealing with. People will often try to be dismissive of invisible illnesses, and the longer you let them get away with it the worse it will get.

Best of luck to you.

Yes, you do have rights.

Best of luck to you.

[/quote

Thank you so much for your help. I hope I am answering this post right.

Kimberley