Now I Have An Infection Below My Thumb Nail

Maxine

Well folks now it looks like I have an infection just below the nail. The split is right in the middle at the bottom of the nail and the skin is coming out of it looking like and eruption, and it's puffy and painful below the nail----looks like what an ingrown nail looks like only on the bottom of the nail.

It's really throbbing. I cleaned it again added more antibiotic ointment on the split, but I don't think it will penetrate into the split.

This pain woke me up out of my sleep---------------------------- :)

Maxine----------------------------------- :)

Maxine,

Because of vascular problems in my hands and feet I get sores on them. At times I get them under my nails. It can be so painful because it makes so much pressure build up under the nails. This sounds a little different than that you are describing, but I know how much it can hurt! Does this happen to your nails alot? Do you know what is causing it? my nails dont split but they form big pits of humps. I'm not yet sure of the cause. Take good care if you have an infection.