Omg It Really Is A Small World

BallroomA

Ok sorry just had to ask you guys!! I am a senior in Criminal Justice at the University of Toledo and a couple of days ago I meet up with my group to work on a project....well I wasn't looking so hot and one of the guys in my group asked if I was ok...I said yea I just have POTS and got prepared to explain myself when he said HIS MOTHER HAS POTS and she was diagnosed in a clinic in TN.

My question is just pure curiousity but is his mother on these boards??? If so PM me or respond to my post please...lol...I just thought it was funny cause seriously WHAT A SMALL WORLD...his girlfriend and I also see the same Gyno/Oncologoist her fore endometriouis me for cervical cancer :) Crazy huh...THANKS

i think that it is theorized that everyone in the world is linked to everyone else by as little as 6 or 7 people. i thought that was interesting. yes it is a small world.

dionna :blink:

Wow, that is amazing. I am lucky if a doctor knows what POTS is, much less a non-medical person. It would be refreshing if more "people on the street" knew about POTS. I am on a mission to explain it to as many people who seem interested. I get tired of explaining it though and just say "I pass out when I stand up too long"

Karyn

Yeah, I think something similar has happened to me only once... but I'd think that because of the research and doctors in certain areas (Toledo!!!) that some communities will be more familiar than others... people going to where the doctors are, and then those lucky enough to live nearby, those areas will have a higher concentration of DIAGNOSED people. :)