Can't Taste Food....

Dawg Tired

gayla,

i have that as well. the funny thing is that it is just now and then. i've been thinking that it might have been caused by having a cold but can't remeber that i had a cold at the time i couldn't taste. so i don't know what is causing this. also, because it comes and goes, i think it might have to do with the pots. but then again, i always blame the pots when i can't find a reason. i know i shouldn't so i wouldn't advise you to do so!!!

warm wishes,

corina :P

i haven't had this issue but know that others have discussed it & have problems to varying degrees (this past spring/ summer) so you may want to do a search.

b/c of my inability to eat i can empathize though with losing the joy of eating so hope that it's a temporary thing for you....

:P melissa

I lost my sense of smell, which made subtleties of taste go away. I can tell something is salty, sweet, sour, bitter or savoury, but other than that, I've got very little to go on.

If it's just in the past day or so and doesn't improve drastically, SEE YOUR DOCTOR!

A cold or flu can actually knock out the nerve that manages taste--or smell--or hearing. If that's the case, it's important to see a doctor ASAP and start on steroids to help the nerve heal, if it can; also certain vitamins are prescribed by my smell and taste doc (I happen to live near one of the only places in the US that does smell and taste testing and evalaution). I take alpha lipoic acid for another few months. I wish I'd seen the doc sooner b/c I was too late to take steroids to try to help me.

Nina