Working Out

Sue

Wow I'm excited, for now anyway

My daughter Kelly and I joined a gym this morning. Since closing our pool a month ago I've gained ten pounds, that I don't already need and more on the way I'm sure if I don't find something to do.

So we went to a new gym that opened up by our house, got a trainer and everything!!! Explained to him what I have, what happens, etc. So we are starting out on the senior / pregnant woman plan :P

So I excercised, (on the so called baby machines my daughter called them), nice and slow, just taking my time, and I was ok!! afterwards we swam, that felt good. I love the water.. Its my total escape, I don't know what it is but when in the water everything is lifted. I have a little bit of a hard time when I get out, but that usually passes.

I am extremely tired right now. But am committed to try and do this every other day, or at least 3 days week.

Does anyone else excercise regularly?? Has it helped you?? Any advice for me?? thanks

((Hugs))

Sue

Guest sonotech

Well, congrats on your new exercise program!! I LOVE to swim also, but unfortunately don't have access to one. I hope that you are able to keep it up and that it gives you some extra energy (or at least a mental boost)

I still can't exercise. My cardio has told me that he doesn't want me doing ANYTHING (not even walking far) until I can get my tachycardia problems under control. Since none of the meds have helped my heart rate, who knows WHEN I will finally be able to do those things.

Day two wasn't as easy as day one :unsure: but still ambitious. Skipping tomorrow, and going back on Saturday!! My daughter Kelly goes with me, so I have someone right by me at all times and they actually have a first aid station right on the floor!! I think thats what impressed me. If you have any kind of health problem, you actually sign in when you get there..

Will see what happens :unsure:

((Hugs))

Sie

Hey Sue, FAB news, good for you! I think swimming is meant to be really good for POTS patients- because gravity automatically keeps you in position, if you see what I mean. DOn't worry about being less efficient today- everyone gets that the day after they start going to exercise! YOu've probably just used muscles that hav e been dormant for a while! :unsure: Keep us posted!

I'm going to use the university gym when my arm's better next week- I've got a letter from the Dr saying I'm safe to go, so that's good.

Good luck, happy gyming and swimming!!!