Hoping For Answers

Kim Baker

Hello Everyone,

What a wonderful help this site has been to me. I was diagnosed three weeks ago with dysautonomia while hospitalized for episodes of fainting, skipping heart beats, bradycardia, fatigue etc etc. In retrospect, this all began 30 years ago at 14 and I have since had long periods of disability with diagnosis after diagnosis throughout my adult life.

Question.... is it common to have joint pain and/or sacroiliac problems? Also, I have had kidney stones, degenerative disc disease and herniated discs. Could this be a part of the disorder or just bad luck on my part?

Thanks to all of you!

KIm

hi kim,

welcome to this great website. it has so much information and you will find a lot of friendship here. i can?t really answer your questions, although i know that there are several people having joint pain and herniated discs. i hope they are able to help you!

again, welcome!

corina :)

Welcome!

I, too, have had years of disability with a number of different diagnoses. When I read the symptom list for POTS I was thrilled, because it covered almost all of my problems. I finally had a single diagnosis, instead of a patchwork.

I don't know anything about your specific questions, but you've asked them in the right place. I hope you get the information you need, and I hope you see some improvement now that you know what's wrong.

Spike

Hi,

Thank you to the few that have responded to me. This has been a very difficult time. Every morning I wake up and hope this will be gone so I can return to my life. I took one day off from work to rest as I was feeling very tired and here I am a month later out of work, not living at home but with my mom, not leaving the house, going from the bed to the bathroom or a recliner. When will this change? How long will it take?

Hello, Kim...Welcome to the elite POTS group. You've come to the right place. So sorry you are having to go through this.

Are you taking any medications to help deal with your symptoms? Many of us have gotten some relief from such drugs as midodrine, florinef, mestinon, beta blockers, procrit, neurontin, and the list goes on.

Hope to talk with you later.

Lois

Hello, Kim...Welcome to the elite POTS group. You've come to the right place. So sorry you are having to go through this.

Are you taking any medications to help deal with your symptoms? Many of us have gotten some relief from such drugs as midodrine, florinef, mestinon, beta blockers, procrit, neurontin, and the list goes on.

Hope to talk with you later.

Lois

Hi,

Thank you so much for responding to me! Yes, I am taking Midodrine, Wellbutrin and a beta blocker. My resting pulse drops into the high 30's so I am limited in what I can take. I am also on methotrexate for another condition I have. I wear compression stockings and drink gatoraid as well. Any other suggestions?

Kim

Welcome Kim,

We're all soooo different it's hard to say what else to recommend to you, but if you read the site (other than the forum) and check out Sunfish's commonly asked questions at the top, you may get some ideas for new things you haven't heard of or tried. Also, the longer you are on the board, the more ideas and things you will hear about and learn.

Sounds like you are trying and doing quite a few of the standard POTS stuff though...

Hope you find this forum and site as helpful as many of the rest of us do!

Emily