Stop The Noise I Want A Nap ! ! !

willows

Hubby and I live in the middle of a row of cottages ( all joined together) in a quiet leafy green lane near the water ..............ah , so peaceful, so pretty , SO NOT anymore.

The other day a company came and put up scaffolding on the two cottages to our right , hubby was very polite when they stood on our conservatory roof pointing out to them 'it will not take your weight, so please dont stand on it as it may brake' the scaffolding people didn't like my hubby speaking to them , indeed they didn't like him , and he was very nice to them indeed , as they left the took a scaffolding Pole and smashed it through our roof on purpose, unbelievable behavior or what !!! :o

So the neighbour who owns the cottage has now to pay for the roofs repair , if it can be repaired.

Today the family on the left to us started to do DIY hammering and crashing about in the bathroom, dropping stuff on the wooden floors and shouting at each other, coming up their wooden stairs like a herd of elephants on a ' free currant bun day '

Today the family on the rights builders started working on the roof, hammering and crashing on the roof and dropping things , and roofing debris falling onto our conservatory roof again which sounds from the inside like a hail of bullets falling , then there's the swearing and shouting on top of this.

My bedroom is between both the left and the right cottages :( ...................my head is about to explode , noise, noise, every hammer from one side is echoed by hammering on the other, roof tiles crashing about , things hitting the roof .................... :( I'm so tired I dont know what to do with myself , I need a rest on the bed , my heart seems to be skipping around to the beats of the hammering :unsure:

I've no where else for me to go as I have no family down here, friends all work and there is no way I want to sit in my car all afternoon / for the next 5-7 days.

Fed-up, washed out , tired, headache coming on , feeling sick and want to shout 'shut up ' to them all ( at top of voice ) Willows..........grumpy :)

Ear-plugs ........ spike , I found some old ear plugs, BUT I dont recommend them and won't use them again . When I woke up after about 3/4 hour sleep I tried to stand up and couldnt keep my balance at all , had to hang on to the wall to stop myself going over , then remembered they were still in , very strange that.

Oh , yes .......... :) while I had a small nap the other builders broke another hole in the roof , so now we have two holes for repair. I've sent a note to the neighbours asking them why they dont stick a tarpaulin over our side to protect it ????

I'm going to go somewhere tomorrow the noise is dreadful and it will be from 8.30am until 5 .00 pm (UK time) I'll be well and truly off my rocker by then. Willows.

I had the same thing last year up here in OXford- they promised me ther ewould be no noise, but the brand new building they put me into wasn't even finished- drilling, hammering EVERY DAY- it's no wonder I couldn't get my work done!

You have my sympathy. Now if ever there's noise that is really bad I try to put on my ipod and drown it out. THere's something quite reassuring about being subject to noise thatr you control....it's always disturbing when you have no control over it.

Right hopefully this will sort them, well in a way as proof that they are being negligent to our property .

Hubby set up one of our tiny ( but very efficient ) surveillance camers so that it is covering the whole of the back conservatory roof.

Anything dropped on this now will show the time , date and if anyone tries to cover up the holes in anyway.

Hubby and I are going out today in the vain hope that by the time we get back the worst of the hammering will be over , lunch at our favorite restaurant followed by taking the car to a place called 'The Hoe' to watch the boats and cruise liners come and go from Plymouth.

Its stupid in a way but Hubby cannot stand loud noises and if he had been in the house yesterday would have gone mad as it was so bad , they almost stripped one roof in that time.

So lets see what today brings, I've got a niggling headache so far today and am so tired its crazy, but whats even crazier is not being able to get some sleep or peace in your own home .............thanks for the warning you didn't give us , yes........... you both my neighbours .................... :)

Willows.

It is now the 19th and every day I've had hammer , hammer, hammer, bang, bang, bang, from about 2 pm ( when its just time for me to have an afternoon sleep ) until 5 pm .

I've had this now for 4 days , why oh, why cant they come in the mornings when I'd my best and can stick the row, no not them typical English workmanship .....lets make as much noise, dust, smoke and smell to convince the owner 'we are doing our best'

This is none stop................... the shouting and swearing going on about food, cigarettes , the weather, in fact you name it and they have shouted about it 'over the horrendous noise' they are making to each other :(

I probably know more about the men on the roof and what they had for there breakfast, lunch and dinner , their wives, girlfriends and who's messing about with who than I do about anyone else in the whole village and I've lived here for years. :)

Hubby's away in hospital now for three days ........lucky thing ! ! well at least he has no noise , pain, poking, prodding, cutting and sewing ............ :) but lucky thing no noise..........think I'd rather be with him quite honestly, than listen to this lot singing a selection of tune which are all of key from an opera which should have been closed down on its first night :D ..............................ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Willows.

well hubby's out now ( see other post for his wonderful antics) and still the noise goes on and on.......... :)

This is the 9th day of hammering , singing , shouting and how's your father, mother, sister and your mothers brothers half cousins sore finger !!!! all day now in an attempt to get it finished ............ no ones fell through the back roof yet BUT then the scaffolding company haven't been back yet!!!

I'm still taping the back roof so that if they come back when I'm asleep or out and do have another go at smashing it again, I can show the evidence to the police this time .........ha , got em !!!!

Willows.

Ah ............Sunday a day of ; rest and contemplation , a quiet lunch with the family while you talk of the week past and ahead, then sitting with a cup of coffee and a mint feet up listening to the mellow sounds of classical music softly floating around the room.......................ah Sunday ............. :)

Its not a day for 200 clog dancing individuals to squeeze into the neighbors upstairs bathroom and proceed to do the 18/12 overture on there wooden floor from 6 AM . ............ :lol: followed by a herd of stampeding elephants heading out of the house at the sniff of a BBQ all carrying tin cans attached to their ankles ................nor is it a day to set of a gas canister with a blow torch causeing nearly half the village ( including myself ) to have a heart attack , thinking the Russians are about to invade us by air to ground missiles which land in my garden , with hubby shouting ' to the shelters, to the shelters, women, children and invalids first ' .................ah Sunday in an English county village .............give me the Bronx's any day ! :angry:

Willows.

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray .................. :) the roofs finished , loud applause , jumping up and down , cheers and streamers doing off here guys.................

Now I feel as if I should be whispering ??? we are waiting for the scaffolding company to come back and take it down again, hubby has the CCTV running every day on the roof to see if they have another go at smashing a hole in it again.

Its was raining to yesterday and the roof now leaks , no sign of the next door neighbour fixing it ( as he crossed his heart and hoped to die , said he would ;) )

so now its just a quiet waiting game ...........will they , won't they , will they , won't they .

My bets are they will ! come on if they think they got away with it last time , what's stopping them smashing a pole through again , for fun :angry: . great having a go at a couple of disabled people , very manly of them all .

Watch this space .......................... they must come soon , then so will the police if we can catch them !

Willows.

Wonderful news here guys................. :D

Today the scaffolding men came to take down the front lots on the two houses beside us.

And when I returned home with my husband from the pain clinic , one of them came up to our house to apologise for the roof!!!!!!! :P giving me the phone number ( which I already had ) of his boss so that the company could make arrangements to fix the holes for us ...............I'm in shock !

Willows.