Injectable Igg Therapy

MNsue

My immunologist told me about a new form of injectable IVIG they are giving their patients with dysautonomia. I believe it is injected sub Q every other day. It is a pretty large amount (about a vial according to the nurse) It helps with the headaches and other side effects and keep the patient from having monthly flare before the next IVIG treatment.

I am still taking monthly steroid infusions along with Cell Cept. I have notced a big change in my left side weakness. I had about a week where I was taking very little midodrine. I am hopeful that this will continue to keep me working.

I hope this is helpful.

Rhonda :)

I JUST posted about this. I am going to give it a try as long as my insurance approves it. I guess it is insanely expensive. My doc thinks that this can really help. He states that he thinks by hitting it with a large dose, we could fix it all. He found some research and a patient was completly cure with one weekly treatment...her problems were gone PERMANTLY!

I will give ANYTHING a try at this point. Let me know if you are going to try it too!

~Lisa

i have never heard of injectable IGG being used in dysautonomia so thanks for posting the info. do you know if there are any articles of any sort supporting the use? my understanding was/is that IGG is generally given IV b/c of the huge doses needed for autoimmune conditions, which is the theory (at least that i'm aware of) for it being used in dysautonomia.

thanks,

:) melissa