Flooding..

wareagle

Hey guys..I was just watching the national news and it looks like the flooding in the North East United States has gotten outa' control.

I know a lot of you live in the areas that are dealing with the floods and wanted to check in and see how everyone's doing? I think they are evacuating some areas?

Please let us know how you are doing when you can!!

Sending good thoughts your way. :)

I'll have to report back again tomorrow... our portion of the Delaware is predicted to crest at about 2:30 or 3pm (Trenton, NJ/Yardley, PA at 2pm).

Philly is doing poorly tonight on the Schuykill river on the west--where "Boat House Row" is, which was just restored and officially reopened yesterday! The two western arteries, Kelly and Lincoln Drives are underwater. And Manyunk (where the famous bike race "Manyunk Wall" is located) is drenched... Philly will get clobbered to the east tomorrow with the Delaware cresting on the other side of the city.

We live on the NJ side of the Delaware, about a mile from the river, and about, 15 minutes above Philly and 20 minutes south of Trenton (the capital) which is under a state of emergency with mandatory evacuation. I think were high enough, but I keep watching small creek behind us, which in the past has come 1/3 of the way up our yard. Hopefully our sump pump will keep plugging away--the ground is saturated.

It was a beautiful, but hot day here--sunny and "dry". Very misleading because when I went to get my mail out of the box, it was like walking in a bog when I went across the lawn. Soggy.

Nina

I also hope everyone is doing ok. Our area was badly hit last month, our little area made national news and we are still recovering. We are now constantly trying to keep up with mold problems from all the water and humidity. The rain is to hit our area again today. Last month,the husband had to keep going out to measure the water off the side of our long dirt drive that filled our field. We have a brook that runs through it. Well, it was several feet of water we took, but we were able to get through and our back road entrance was one of the few that would get me to the hospital if needed. Many people were stranded and could not get through roads for days. So I do suggest that those of you who are at risk, stay posted to your local news and have alternate plan if needed. I had plan to go to relatives house on higher ground if needed.

Hope everyone is ok. Keep us posted Nina. I have family in MD. I need to check on as well.

All is well at my house-- My yard is drier than I expected, and I'm thankful we've not lost power so our sump stays up and running.

I'm busy worrying about our printer who's made our info cards--they're an older couple, very sweet. The store is just one block from the Delaware River. They're away on vacation and I'm hoping they don't return to a disaster (that includes our last batch of DINET info cards to go with the last of our bracelet supply).

nina

The eastern shore got a lot of rain and there was flooding in the central area of MD's eastern shore, but in Ocean City and area, it has not been that bad. It has impacted the Chesapeake Bay with sediment (turbidity) and nutrient impacts that may affect underwater grasses--and ultimately the bay ecosystem, which is already under stress.

Hope everyone in the hard hit areas is managing ok.

Katherine