Drinking Lots Of Water

Forgive me if I'm being graphic, but I just wanted to know, for those of you who focus on drinking tons of fluids each day, how often do you have to use the bathroom? I've been in Florida for a week and have really increased my fluids due to the heat, and I literally have to pee every 20-30 minutes, really bad. Is this normal? What's the point of drinking so much if it all comes back out? I even have to get up 2-3 times at night which is rare for me. I am drinking 3 liters per day (2 liters of water and 1 liter of watered down gatorade). It's just really annoying, lol!!

Hi Jessica! I lived in Florida last summer, where are you visiting? Anyways, I had similar problems when I first got down there and I found I needed to increase my salt intake even more than I usually did in Virginia. Must be that crazy heat and humidity :angry:

I am actually from Florida, I grew up in Jacksonville, but my parents currently live in the Tampa area in a small town called Beverly Hills. My boyfriend and I are thinking about moving down here in August/September, so at least that would be at the end of the hottest time of year :angry:

I felt awful for the first 3 days I was here, but it's a bit better now- although I still can't spend any time outside without getting fatigued and tachy.

Do you know of any doctors in central FL that treat POTS? I would love to move near my mom and dad, but having a doc is really important. What part of FL are you from?

I actually used to live in Tampa, but don't recognize Beverly Hills..... I'm actually a Virginia native. I lived in Tampa years ago for about a year. Recently my husband was relocated to FL, so I lived in Naples with my parents for a few months and then we bought a house in Ft. Lauderdale.

Unfortunately I don't have any doctor recommendations for you. My first pots days were spent in Tampa and I flew home and went up to Hopkins as my FL doctors weren't too helpful. I recently saw another doctor in Pompano Beach that someone on ndrf recommended, but I personally was not that impressed.... There is a FL state-wide support group however, have you tried asking them? I think one of the founders lived in Tampa.

good luck!