Anyone Take Cymbalta?

tiger

Well I am hesitant to post this because my experience was very negative, but I know that I have read a lot of postings on Cymbalta board and other people love it.

My experience was - I was given the lowest dose of 20 mg. due to medication sensitivities for nerve, muscle pain and I took it one day. I developed nausea within an hour or two, but was managing. When I went to lay down in bed for night, had a pressure headache. Next morning I woke up to use bathroom, as always, and got up slowly drank my water and suddenly had the most awful feeling, vision dimming out, sweating, body felt like it was going to collapse. I called my husband on our phone system to come downstairs to try and help me to the bathroom after sitting a minute-made it to the door and was gone for about 15 secs.

Not for me. I called my physicians and they had me stop it. It was about 5 days until I was back to my usual cruddy self. Just keep in mind that I am extremely sensitive to these meds.

Look up on internet, Cymbalta- there is a board they people post on. REMEMBER every one is dift and it may be worth a try for you. We are all dift. and on dift meds. Good luck!

Sorry, but my experience was also negative. I took 20mg (the lowest dose). I got such stomach pain and nausea.

I tried it for 3 days but the stomach pain was too much.

I have friends (without POTS) who love it, take 60mg a day with NO side effects at all.

I have been taking Celexa for 5 weeks, I am only taking 5mg and notice a difference. I have tried 10mg but got anxiety so will wait another week and try to increase.

Dawn