Lyme Tests Are Back, Possible Lyme And Co-infection. Anyone Else Have Similiar?

Well I finally got my Lyme results from the Western Blot. Two bands were indeterminiate and two bands were positive. One of the possitive was band 45 which the CDC doesn't include as a positive with the others. You have to have two positive out of the rest and mine were 2 indeterminate and one possitive. I really wanted either for it to be totally possitive or totally negative, not "MAYBE" or "POSSIBLY". The doctor told me that indeterminiate was a weak possitive and that means that I was expossed somehow and he gave me the choice of: Do nothing. or Treat. I choose to treat since he said sometimes after a course of antibiotics the Western Blot if taken again can change from ind to positive. Also the band 45 is a chance indicator of a co-infection and to be on the safe side treatment would hit both the lyme and the other. If after some time on antibiotics I progressivly get better, up and down he said, because you can herx and you feel worse sometimes before feeling better, then my symptoms will judge if it was lyme or not and follow-up testing to see whats happening. It all sounds a little crazy to me, but after talking to some other lyme patients, they had the same things happen and are feeling better. He does think that my POTS could have been brought on or worsened by all this and not sure if that will get better, only time will tell.

I wonder what Grubb will say when I tell him all this?

I was daydreaming the other day that it would be really great if Dr. House was a real person and he was my Dr. and he diligently treated me till he figured it all out and I got better. Oh well, at least I am getting little itty bitty answers instead of none at all.

Kim

Guest tearose

Hi Kim,

I too had to decide wether or not to treat, I too had a borderline positive lyme test.

I am glad I did the treatment. First I tried oral antibiotics for two months and then went to IV rocephine for 6 weeks. I do believe it helped me and the treatment was not easy. I have no regrets and only wish I had done the IV sooner.

I don't believe I have lyme anymore, however, I do think I have permanent damage from the lyme! I got full blown (but not dx for many years) POTS, funky heart rhythms and left sided lymphedema from my case of lyme.

I credit my Lyme doctor with stopping the process and helping me to get to a stable place.

good wishes, tearose

Guest malosp

Wow, another person who now believes it was lyme. It is just sad this was not figured out before right. YOu should get treatment and see if you feel better. I just posted to let people know that I was finally diagnosed with lyme. That I finally got a positive Western Blot. I am so angry that doctors don't think of this sooner. I am so angry that I had to go months because doctors rely to much on lab tests and not clinical diagnosis for lyme. I wonder how many other people have been diagnosed with dysautonmia, fibromylgia, chronic fatigue, mono and really were bit by a tick and have lyme. Read my post posted just today.

Get treatment your symptoms can improve. I have been on antibiotics 2 weeks and I have stopped some of my weird dysautomnia symptoms. My heart rate has improved, my fatique, my dizziness, my muscle aches. It is as if it has been stopped in its tracks. I feel I could possibly get better. I realize that some people may end up with still have POTS symptoms and that it may be separate in some cases but in some I think the lyme causes those symptoms.

Next time I see someone's ID at the botton of their post that says symptoms started after severe virus - I will write them and tell them that that virus may not have been a virus at all but a bacteria - lyme.

I can't believe that doctors are not catching this - instead we are finding it on forums everywhere. Dysautonmia forums, MS forums, neuropathy forums, MS forums, chronic fatique forums.....all these forums created for people with incorrect diagnosis IN SOME CASES. I want to stress that not everyone has lyme but I can tell a lot of people do - especially the ones that complain of continued symptoms after some virus they had. That virus which was really lyme. I thought I had virus too. swollen glands, sore throat, earache....doctor said virus...believed him...well the virus was a bacteria. LYME