Good news

Guest veryblue

Guest veryblue

Good news,

I went to the doctor today and he gave me great news! He said I am the third person he has seen with POTS symptoms and the other two people who had them...they went away on their own. He said that since I have such a mild case, and that it came on out of nowhere, that he's almost positive that it will go away on its own as well! That's the best news I've heard in my entire life! I'm not subject to torture for the next 70 years of my life. I'm confident that I will be able to have kids one day, finish playing sports in college, and get my PH D. Yeah! Deep down inside I knew I would be one of the lucky ones who it went away in. I mean one day I was fine and the next out of nowhere I am screwed for the rest of my life...I dont think so! That'sjust too hard to believe. I had no way of contracting POTS and nobody in my family has it. In fact everyone in my family is ever sick and they all live to be at least 90 most make it to 100 so I better not have a chronic illness or else it would be a long horrible life for me! Well I just wanted to share the good news that I'm not a doomed as I thought!

I'm not subject to torture for the next 70 years of my life. .. I mean one day I was fine and the next out of nowhere I am screwed for the rest of my life...I

Glad you got good news from your doctor. Just wanted to add that most people with POTS are not doomed, nor subject to torture, for the rest of their lives. It can certainly be miserable for many of us at times, and some people do continue to be ill, even after trying many kinds of treatments. But, overall, I think this board shows evidence that most if not all of us manage to live full, meaningful lives despite the disability--whether it is mild or severe.