Middle Of Night Fainting??

Hey everyone,

Woke up in the middle of the night last night--son was having nightmare. Tucked him back in, became nauseuos, crazy tachy and real hard time breathing. Went to bathroom, legs began shaking, could hardly get a breath, fell to the floor and laid my head down. I think I fainted. Has anyone else had this in the middle of the night?

Thanks,

B

I think fainting for us can happen any time we get up, especially after being supine or asleep. It's happened to me in the middle of the night, first thing and the morning, and pretty much every other time of day, so I think it has more to do with what you're doing and what you've been doing than the time of day.

Good luck!

Getting up suddenly at night is horrific for me. It makes sense because my blood pressure gets so low when I'm asleep. I am usually jolted awake by acrying child, etc., so I get a nice adrenaline rush in addition to the low pressure. Also, the act of getting up suddenly is bad anytime for me but after I have been lying down it is especially bad. Unfortunately, I can definitely relate to what you are saying!

Carmen

I agree with everyone else.....I think this is a common experience in folks like us.

I don't have a good answer for you though because I know a scared child in the middle of the night is not something you can "slowly" go to.

I used to have these types of spells every time my alarm clock would go off; I finally made the connection that the loud jolt was too much for my body and now if I need an alarm clock I set it to soft music so I don't get the horribel adrenaline rush. I still get the way you describe if there is a loud, sudden noise...daytime or nightime.

i have major issues if i need to get up in the middle of the night as well....

a large part of it for me is that i have almost none of the meds in me at night as i do during the day that are responsible for giving me a few minutes of safe upright time (i.e. to get to the bathroom).

i used to not get up from the time i lay down at night for bed until the next morning "thanks" to my poorly functioning bladder, but since i've been on the IVs all night long i do have to get up at least once. it's definitely been an issue for me & at times i crawl....even though my bathroom is all of about 12 feet from my bed...

:unsure: melissa

I haven't fainted that I know of, but I feel more faint if I get woke up in the middle of the night. It's like my body is telling me I didn't get enough sleep and it's warning me.

Amber