Bluergh, Just Letting Off Steam.

Guest CyberPixie

Guest CyberPixie

Got my period last night and have been awake since 6am with really bad pains. So absolutely shattered. Not only that but had a bad choking/coughing fit (why do they happen to us with POTS?) and ended up being sick as well! Was in a right state! In one way I was lucky as I hadn't taken any painkillers before I was sick, so didn't lose them! I had 3hrs to wait before I could take any because I take the maximum over the day and couldn't start again til 9am this morning. Nightmare.

I'd just had a better couple of days too, now today is making up for them ;0)

You poor thing. At least you know it should only last a few days. The week before mine are due to arrive I suffer really bad. BP drops as low as 46/23. These are the days when I find myself wishing for the menopause. Hang in there !

Guest CyberPixie

Thanks. That afternoon I started feeling very lightheaded and floaty, I couldn't concentrate and didn't feel as if I was here, then my whole body went numb and floaty, my breathing felt a bit weird too. I took my BP and it was showing as 119/46! I've never seen it that low before, frightened the life out of me! My pulse was 68 and it also showed irregular heartbeats. 5 mins later it was 121/83, another 5 mins (obssessive, me?!) and it was 117/70 and stayed pretty much the same for the rest of the day. I took a bit extra salt, fluids and florinef that day.

I'm sure at my worst patch last year my BP must have been low like that or worse but I didn't have the means to take it myself then.

Is so frightening to see your BP crash like that, I kept thinking to myself of you lot and just ride it out. Anyone *normal* would be carted off to hospital in that state!

When I crash just before a period my bp has dropped to as low as 47/23 ! my norm is never higher than 90/50. No wonder I am so tired eh! Hope your feeling better soon. x