Feeling Sick Today

Hi,

It feels like I drank too much and woke up with a bad hang over........but had nothing to drink?

My head hurts, I feel week and have nausea, dizziness and I don't want to even think about food.

I feel like I'm running a fever but don't think I actully have one.

I have my two kids to take care of and am babysitting another today. I might have to call his mother and have her pick him up early. She knew I didn't feel well so she said to call if I couldn't do it.

The question is, can I do it?

I feel that more and more of my strength is being sucked out of me.

Is it going to get worse?

I thought I was doing pretty well, but now I seem to be going down hill a little at a time.

I told my husband that I felt like I had a hang over.........he laughed and said "but you didn't have anything to drink"?

I guess it is funny, but I'm not finding it so at the moment.

Is this a normal feeling for POTS?

Thanks for listening, and hope everyone else feels better then I,

Amber

Hi Amby,

I am sorry you are having such a rough day. It is hard to make decisions because the roller coaster may go up or down.

Yesterday I heard a discussion of hydration and the speaker said that anyone who has been drunk and had a hangover knows first-hand what brain dehydration feels like. I know you are drinking fluids but many people here have experienced that during the morning we are less hydrated than later in the day...

...which is my long way of saying you might get better during the day today if you just keep drinking, providing the kids aren't taxing you tooooo much.

Best wishes today.

OLL

Hey Amber, it's Kate!

I'm SO sorry you aren't feeling well today - that sounds like a major drag. I actually had something similar to that a few nights ago - I could've sworn I had the world's worst hangover but of course hadn't had a single things to drink. I found that drinking like a ton of water and taking some painkillers really helped. It didn't get rid of it completely, but it made it so I could function quite a bit better. Good luck!

Thanks oll and kate,

I have been pushing water and was able to eat a little,

I feel a little better...........

I walked around the high school track last night and thought maybe I over did it, but have been working out for over two months without this feeling so wasn't sure.

I make sure to drink plenty of water?

Thanks again,

Amber

Amber,

Sorry that you're feeling so weird.

Are you on any new meds? That'll do it easily.

Make sure you are also keeping up with electrolytes if you are drinking a lot of water (otherwise you just keep busy in the bathroom.)

Could this be the precipitation of a migraine?

Also, you could be feeling funky a day or two before cold/flu sx show up.

With POTS, the feeling like having a fever when you don't can be related to overdoing it or not getting enough sleep and is definitely an ANS imbalance sx.

I hope you feel better!

Thanks,

Unfortuneately I'm not on any meds. I did give in and take Excedrin Migraine. It did help, but as usual it didn't make it go completely away.

I think the longer I'm without meds, the worse I feel.

I can't wait till I get insurance!

I have 3.5 months to go, and a little worried how I'll feel after waiting that much longer.

I had my Yoga class today and couldn't complete it, I thought I was going to faint.

I guess I'm going to have to slow down again......... :(

Amber

Yes very hard.............I keep fighting, but I'm not sure how long I can keep going.

I thought I was improving, it feels like a big slap in the face when your body doesn't work the way you want it too. :(

You know I read somewhere that breathing can affect how you feel? In class, they were doing the breath of fire............no way can I do that again. I tried but came too close to passing out, felt my body start to fall and everything.

I tried to blow up a balloon at a birthday party a few weeks ago, and felt the same way..........I thought maybe I was just out of practice or something.

Have you heard anything about this?

I found it(sorry, that memory thing)..............they have a test called; deep breathing/paced respirations.

I wrote it down. :ph34r:

Any one have this test done? Or know more about it?

Thanks,

Amber