Mystery Diagnosis

I just saw what was presumably a rerun, on a woman who had what they eventually labeled as MVP Syndrome. When they started out talking about her symptoms, my mom said, "that sounds like you!" It bothered me a little bit that they didn't explain it at all or link it to dysautonomia, but it was still good to see it on screen. I still haven't caught that Chiari/POTS one, and I've read that it's not too great, but I still want to hear them say Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or something related on the television! B)

Thanks for the link! I must have missed that one.

MVP Syndrome is basically the same as Dysautonomia, but it results from having MVP. Although the prolapse itself is generally thought to be benign, people with it tend to experience dysautonomic symptoms, therefore doctors call it a cause of dysautonomia. The lone book I have on Dysautonomia is called the Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome/ Dysautonomia Handbook.

Some doctors say MVP is nothing more than magnesium deficiency. They give patients magnesium and change the test results. I am sure it is not so simple for everyone, but it is worth maybe thinking about and asking your doctor about. Lots of symptoms overlap with dysautonomia because the brain, heart, circulation, etc., are involved, but the treatment might be really different.

OLL