excessive salivation

I definitely had this sx in the past but I am unsure if it is related to the dysautonomia. I think it is but maybe someone else can answer this for both of us.

Carmen

I'm a drooler too! :)

I have problems with excessive salivation from time to time, and then dry mouth also. Through the research I have done on dysautonomia, I do believe that it is related. It's kind of like the problems that we can have with our eyes because they are "automatically" controlled by our nervous system and bc ours obviously doesn't work properly, our salivation process can be affect also.

Nicole

I know that is can be a symptoms of low sodium... have you had your levels checked recently?

Depending if you mean that you salivate large amounts or actually drool, acid reflux can cause water brash, so if I'm having it then my mouth will suddenly fill saliva.

Actual drooling is different.. I do this only on occasion, and it seems like it could be related to dysaut.. I dunno?

Guest dionna

from time to time i also have excessively watery mouth in which i just spit continuously. it is odd to me but i don't know any information on it. i have not told my doctor yet but i can bring it up to him in a couple of weeks. thank you for letting me know that i wasn't alone on this one as well.