Is this POTS or somthing else?

AJVDK

Hello All,

Ealry this week I post about this hot feeling I have been feeling in my face, and then my heart racing, and I get dizzy. Well yesterday while I was cooking dinner I ended up getting realy dizzy and I dropped to the floor. ( I didn't pass put though that goodness) Later in the night the dryer when off so I got up to fold the towels, again I got the same feeling so I sat down on the floor for about 20-25 mins, and then when got up go to bed. I sat down in my chair next to the bed. I was only sitting there for about 2-3 mins, and my haert begain to beat very odd, it would beat fast then slow way down, and then my pacemaker would kick in, this went on all night, I felt short of breath, and after this had been going on for a while I got really bad chest pain, and my left shoulder had alot of pain. Then around 1:00 am it stopped. While this was going on I thought about going to the ER, but I also kept telling myself that everytime I go they never know anything about POTS....... So I when it stopped I was happy. I tossed and turned all night. I didn't get any real sleep, it that 20 mins. here and 30 mins there. When I finally got up and out of bed today at 8:00 to get my son ready for Preschool, it started up again. Do you think this is just a POTS thing or could this be somthing else?

Edited by MightyMouse

Sounds like something you need to have checked out.

Does your pacemaker record and keep in memory your most recent episodes? If you have a pacemaker that has been implanted in the past 6 years it should have this function so keep in mind while the ER may not understand POTS you can always go in and tell the ER you want them to call the maufacturers' rep of the pacemaker and request they send their rep out to interrogate it.

Or...call the Dr that monitors your pacemaker and request it be interrogated.

Sounds like something you need to have checked out.

Does your pacemaker record and keep in memory your most recent episodes? If you have a pacemaker that has been implanted in the past 6 years it should have this function so keep in mind while the ER may not understand POTS you can always go in and tell the ER you want them to call the maufacturers' rep of the pacemaker and request they send their rep out to interrogate it.

Or...call the Dr that monitors your pacemaker and request it be interrogated.

My Pacemaker does record events. I will record six events- at least thats what they told be. Ever time I go it is shiw PVC's, (with Bigeminy, and trigeminy )PACs and some flat T waves. Each time they just try to adgust the meds, with really hasn't help much. PLus this year my insurure changed so for and test, ER vist..... the frist $1000.00 is out of pocket for a deutacble, then its 80/20 until I have payed $3500.00 total for the year. I am alittle worried as my disablity it going to take a while I am not sure what to do?