I hate my job

I work for the most horrible company. Well I dont know if the company is horrible but my regional manager is. She is making me go through all of this red tape to take a medical leave, which is normal, but she keeps calling and saying we need this filled out TODAY, we need your doctor to sign this NOW. She is just not being reasonable. I'm sorry I know that this really isnt a POTS post. Well it is for me because thats why I'm taking my leave. But I just had to vent to people who would understand.

I feel for you...sure makes a hard time harder when you have someone like that to deal with. Been there...done that.

At my old job, I had a supervisor who went around telling people that there was no such thing as dysautonomia and that I was a faker. I found this out while I was out on leave for spinal surgery. She basically called me a liar and that in addition to dysautomia, there was nothing wrong with my back either. Thankfully, my first level supervisor knew me well, and gave this woman **** for saying those things. Also, I'm sure made her feel like the idiot she really is when I came back to work with my hard brace and scar on my neck.

Try, if you can, not to let it get to you. Mean people don't deserve any of your precious energy resources. You may need to skirt around this person by contacting your Human Resources department directly.

Nina

I understand! It's so sad that on top of being quite sick, we all have to battle the ignorance and misunderstandings about this illness. I am sorry you are having a difficult time with your supervisor. I think what saved me was that I had been with my employer for six years when my problems started. My supervisor and the personnel director knew me well enough to know that my problem was serious, even though it seemed unusual. Unfortunately, not all my co-workers were understanding. I just (accidentally) came across a memo from one of my co-workers to my supervisor complaining about the increase in work load when I left, and questioning the length of time that I was out on leave. It hurt me to read this b/c the tone of the memo was that he thought I was taking advantage of a mild illness to go on extended maternity leave. And this was someone I had thought to be a friend who would trust me, as well as a co-worker.

I hope once they receive the documentation they will realize how serious your problem is right now.

Katherine

I just (accidentally) came across a memo from one of my co-workers to my supervisor complaining about the increase in work load when I left, and questioning the length of time that I was out on leave. It hurt me to read this b/c the tone of the memo was that he thought I was taking advantage of a mild illness to go on extended maternity leave. And this was someone I had thought to be a friend who would trust me, as well as a co-worker.

This kind of stuff is disheartening. I'd like to see those people who think and write such things endure dysautonimia for a week; dehydrate them, take a couple liters of blood and stick them in a 110 degree room. Then they'd have a clue.

I am so sorry April that you are having such troubles trying to get your leave approved. I was in the hospital and terribly sick when I started my paperwork. They didn't doubt my illness and my need to be on leave, but it was the same thing with the paperwork. They needed this and that and it had to be right away. Fortunately my doctors were able to provide what they needed because I was in no shape to do anything about it.

Ironically, I had the same trouble trying to go back to work. I had to fight to be allowed back. I had to get all kinds of things to prove that I was fit for duty. Looking back on it, I wish now that I had stayed off longer. I get so tired during the day, and the brain fog is awful. Plus my hands tremble off and on for a few hours every morning, so it's hard to type.

Once you get approved, stay off as long as you can. I wish I had. :lol: