head sensation

Hi,

I was just wondering if any of you have a weird sensation in your head when you move it? Like a sensation of almost being drunk, thats the best way I can describe it. Its not a fun drunk feeling either. We it use to happen when I moved my head, now even moving my eyes a lot and fast it bothers me. Like for example I went to a basket ball game and I would watch the basket ball, being bounced and passed to another player, just moving my eyes and watching gave me this feeling. I felt like i had little control over my eys and felt really light headed and sick to my tummy. I had to stop watching for awhile and just close my eyes.

Can anyone relate to this?

Brenda R. :(

Hi,

I get something similar, but mostly when I look down. I get it occasionally when I move my head to either side. My neurologist calls it "rebound", and says that it's caused from muscle spasms constricting the nerves in my neck. I get a feeling of disequilibrium, and it feels like my eyesight has to "catch up" when I turn my head.

Carolyn

Yes!! Me too, great way of explaining it, the eye balls have to catch up! I love it, thats exactly how it feels, they respond so slow its like I see some thing, but it takes a couple of seconds to comprehend what I am seeing. But still do not understand the off balance part. We are so strange, ha. Gott love it though, gives us some thing to think about and laugh at. oh yes and get angry with too. brings out many emotions for that matter. keeps us interesting.

Brenda R.

Yep that's JUST what I feel- like my eyes need to 'catch up'!! If I have that problem for a while and have to be moving my head a lot (like watching a soccer game, or walking down a walmart aisle, turning my head side to side looking down aisles for a specific item) I will get an extreme headache from it.

I always attributed it to the light... my pupils are so large, and light is sooo painful. But it's really the actually movement that hurts in that specific way.

I never knew other people had that painful sensation!

Hi Brenda,

Thanks again for the dog information...we are really interested! :(

As for your question...

Do you mean like a swishing sensation? Like 'the wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish' every time you move your head????

I get this a lot and it is miserable. I don't want to turn my head. I don't want to open my eyes. It's very hard for me to watch TV, be on the computer, etc.

It's lots of fun! haha!

Emily

I had this from the start and my doc couldn't understand what I was describing. It is like being on pain narcotics. The sensation has slowly faded, but comes back when my BP is low or when I have to take Percocet for menstrual cramps. Same exact feeling. At first glance, I can't tell if I'm upright, tipping or which direction I'm facing. He did extensive ear/head tests (VNS?). Nothing. Must be pots.

I can totally relate. I describe it as my brain sloshing. I just know that when my b/p is low and my h/r is high is when it is at its worse. I usually have to lie really still with my eyes closed, to get it to let up. The only place I really go anymore is to the doctors offices. The rest is just too much for me. My symptoms get so much worse when I try to go out. Hope you start to feel better. Vanessa

i've had something similar, though it's not one of my daily symptoms. it's definitely not fun...

B) melissa