Jump to content

Specialist or Specialising GP in ACT or NSW Australia

Recommended Posts

I am looking for a health professional (preferably a GP, in the ACT) I can see that really knows about managing HSD, dysautonomia (with MVP), POTS, inflammatory arthritis (PsA). I can travel to surrounding NSW, maybe even Sydney if I have to but Melbourne is too far (I know there is a POTS cardiologist there).

I am very tired of blank looks, references to managing 'lifestyle factors' (already do all that to best of recommendations), and referrals to specialists who are dismissive and silent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@KaraKS, I have found this Facebook group to be good for local recommendations:


(If you don’t have a Facebook account, it’s worth creating one just for this purpose. You can always delete it later.)

I’m afraid I live near Melbourne but just wanted to say hello as a fellow Aussie. I am sure some other folks will be along with recommendations soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Dr Ron Granot in Sydney, he a neurologist and was amazing at diagnosing my small fibre neuropathy that causes autonomic dysfunction. In Canberra I have seen a lovely cardiologist called Dr Soh in Deakin who gave me plenty of time discussing how to manage blood pressure issues. I haven’t found the perfect GP. I hope that helps, good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...