Spina Bifida and POTS and using an abdominal binder

I was recently diagnosed with POTS about a year ago. My cardiologist told me that POTS is common in those with Spina Bifida, but I had never iny 46 years ever heard that before. My symptoms are dizziness and lightheadedness and low BP but high heart rate. My cardiologist says I don't need infusions yet. I am also wheelchair dependent. I recently found out about waist binders helping with symptoms. I was wondering if anyone could recommend one? Anyone else in a wheelchair that uses a waist binder that has a recommendation on which one to get would be very much appreciated. 

14 hours ago, KristieL said:

I was recently diagnosed with POTS about a year ago. My cardiologist told me that POTS is common in those with Spina Bifida, but I had never iny 46 years ever heard that before. My symptoms are dizziness and lightheadedness and low BP but high heart rate.

@KristieL Welcome to this forum! I am reading your post and am wondering about you mentioning low BP and high HR - in order to meet POTS criteria there has to be a sustained increase in HR WITHOUT a drop in BP. Here is an excerpt from this article 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8920526/#:~:text=To diagnose excessive orthostatic tachycardia,the readings taken when standing.

To diagnose excessive orthostatic tachycardia (required for POTS), patients should have a sustained heart rate increase of at least 30 beats/min (for adults) or at least 40 beats/min (for patients aged 12–19 yr) on at least 2 of the readings taken when standing. The systolic blood pressure should not fall by more than 20 mm Hg.

If your BP falls more than 20 mmHg upon standing you may be affected by orthostatic hypotension instead of POTS. Have you had a TTT?