Clonazepam: Trying to get off Benzos

Abe

Anyone used Clonazepam? Did it help? I am trying to work my way into getting off Benzos generally, even though that has been the only medication that worked for me in the last 7-8 years. My doctor prescribed a long lasting one to replace Lorazepam and advised me to try it out first during the weekend. Yesterday was my first time and I did not get a single hour of sleep all night.

Clonazepam has helped me a great deal over the years—but at low doses, never more than .5 mg. It has helped particularly when I have overdone it and feel like I’m getting into a “danger“ zone. My problem is getting my current doctor to continue my prescription. He does not want to as he is a GP and does not have experience with or interest in Dysautonomia. Clonazepam at low doses, has also helped me with sleep. Each benzo has different qualities and all the Dysautonomia-aware doctors I have been to, preferred clonazepam over others for me.